As a Catholic school, St. Louis Secondary School, Dundalk, aims to educate the whole person and to encourage the qualities of respect, truth, responsibility, happiness and excellence in a caring inclusive atmosphere.
We aim to:
- To provide a social and academic environment that fosters learning.
- To strive to ensure that Christian attitudes and values are knit into the fabric of school life.
- To provide through the curriculum, teaching methods and allocation of resources, teaching and learning situations which enable all pupils to:
- Develop their intellectual capacity to the full.
- Stimulate their curiosity and imagination.
- Develop their aesthetic awareness; assist in their physical and moral development, and acquire an appetite for further knowledge and skills in later life.
- To prepare each pupil to be a responsible member of our democratic society, equipped to play an active part in its development.
- To be a caring community in which the individual is given a sense of significance and importance and a consciousness of the needs of others.
- To be a participating partner in the wider community, welcoming parents and other friends of the school to share in our work.